- Do I need a network?
- Is your software HIPAA Compliant?
- How can I customize BABE™?
- Can BABE™ store/archive images?
- What do maintenance fees pay for and are they required?
- How can I pay for my software and/or maintenance fee?
- How do I place an order?
- Can I connect my ultrasound machine to BABE™?
- I want a printed help manual. How can I get one?
- What if my question/answer is not on this page?
|Network Requirements: (For Network License Only)|
|Fax Requirements: (For BABEFax option)|
Do I need a network?
A network is recommended if you would like to share a common database among multiple computers/sites. A network is convenient if your patients visit different sites and/or different computers (rooms in the office). If you have a network and a patient visits two different sites or computers, the fetal growth can still be easily viewed on the reports and graphs.
Is your software HIPAA Compliant?
Our software is a tool for your site to become HIPAA compliant. Although the HIPAA security standards do not mandate the use of any specific technology, BABE™ includes many features that may help you achieve and maintain compliance. These include:
- Access to Personal Medical Information (PMI) in the database is password protected.
- Layered, role-based data access levels (technologists have different access rights than physicians, etc).
- Automatic user log-off for inactivity.
- PMI data is stored in a non-standard, proprietary format.
- Audit trail of user actions via log file.
- Data authentication: BABE™ checks and reports any evidence of outside tampering within the database or the log file.
For software, HIPAA compliance often refers to billing functions and submission of electronic claims. BABE™ does not do electronic claim filing, and compliance with the HIPAA transaction and code set rule does not apply. HIPAA compliance is the responsibility of users of protected health information. Healthcare users and organizations are required to implement administrative safeguards, physical safeguards and technical safeguards to comply with the HIPAA standards.
- You can change the title, format, colors, graphs, and fonts of reports.
- You can change report options, such as age/weight, measurements, anatomy, notes, comments, and graphs. (example: add additional anatomy choices or change the default dating method)
- You can add a custom data section to the report asking your own multiple choice or fill-in-the-blank questions.
- You can change the color of the screens.
- You can add/delete/edit measurement tables used for calculations.
See the Program Manual under the Help tab on how to customize these options.
Can BABE™ store/archive images?
No, BABE™ does not store images. BABE™ is not a PACS system. It does not perform image-archiving. A picture can be inserted into a report, but cannot be saved. If you are interested in using BABE with your PACS or RIS system, please contact us. We can work with your vender to provide an interface.
What do maintenance fees pay for and are they required?
Maintenance fees pay for your usage and technical support of BABE™. Yes, they are required. They must be paid annually. Please check the price page for the current maintenance fees.
How can I pay for my software and/or maintenance fee?
We accept payments by check or purchase orders (hospital's only). We do not accept credit cards. Checks can be drawn through US Banks. We will accept only checks drawlable in a US bank. Please make checks payable to Medical Soft, Inc. Attention: BABE ORDER on the PO or check.
How do I place an order?
Placing an order is very simple. You can call us or send us an email. We will then ask you to fax us a PO or mail a check. Once a PO or check is received, the order will be processed and shipped. We generally use FedEx 2 Day Service for shipping.
I want a printed help manual. How can I get one?
The program manual can be accessed in BABE™ by clicking on 'Help', then 'Program Manual'. After the manual appears, click on the tab 'Contents'. Then double-click 'Entire Manual'. This will list the different sections of the manual, which can be printed. If you would like to print this for your users, I would recommend printing the following sections: Getting to know BABE™, The Obstetric Ultrasound Report, The Main Menu, Searching the Database, Maintaining Your Patient Data, and Customization.
What if my question/answer is not on this page?
Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.